Wednesday, June 22, 2011

force to teach?

yes, i was forced to teach English at first, but now i know that this subject is actually helped me a lot.  i started teaching English when i was in Kota Tinggi, at SK Sri Setia Jaya, Tg Sedili.  I can still remember how my GPK asked me to teach English for Year One pupils. He simply said," cikgu, you learned English since you were in Year 1.  you learned English for eleven years [year 1 - form 5].  Takkanlah setakat yes, no, alright, thank you..cikgu tak boleh ajar...." 

since that, i never teach Bahasa Melayu which is my major option in teacher training college.  what a pity!  in those days of my teaching, i didn't enjoy but i had to do my job until i got the opportunity to attend a course specially for non-optionist .  i experienced new things and started to like my teaching days...Now, i am still teaching English,not the non-optional English teacher anymore since i was graduated in TESL a few years ago.

A lecturer read to me Confucious saying," When you enjoy what you do, you will never have to work a day in your life."  It means, if you enjoy your work, it is no longer a work...whenever the students tell me that they have enjoyed  my class and learnt something from me, that will be the greatest reward of all. 

No comments: